Tuesday, August 17, 2010

5. Seeking Solace

Originally posted March 2nd, 2008.

"It's hard for me to ask people for things."

"I know, but I'm asking you to ask me."

"…"

"I'm saying it's important for me to hear it from time to time."

"I know."

"To know that you still feel it, you know?"

"When have I ever acted like I didn't feel it?"

"For -- the last six weeks?"

"…"

"I mean --"

"It's fine. It's how you feel."

"So now you're mad at me."

"You -- you change so fast, even in the course of one conversation, it's like --"

"What do you mean?"

"You are ready to walk away, at like any moment. And that's scary."

"I'm not ready to walk away."

"I'm not saying that's what you do, I'm saying that's how you make me feel."

"I'm sorry I've made you feel like that."

"Well don't apologize for it. It's just how I feel."

No comments: